The entry of gaming mice ushered in a new era in the gaming world. There are as many electronics manufacturers who are now making these devices as there can be. This is to the advantage of hard core gamer but as for those who are still amateurs in the game, this is quite an uphill task. You no longer have to worry about it though; we have got your back. That is why we take you with us on a journey as we explore the top 10 best gaming mouse in 2018.
Table of Contents
10. Corsair Sabre RGB – Budget FPS Gaming Mouse
This mouse is a deal breaker for gamers who want an amazing experience at a pocket friendly price. At just a total weight of about 100 grams, it’s a lightweight in the industry but that is just the beginning. It has 8 fully programmable buttons which allows users to personalize the gaming experience. Make every click count with its 10000 DPI optical sensor and multicolor DPI indicator. Now you can have access to virtually infinite customization which is brought to you by 16.8 million color choices. It comes with CUE software which gives users a high performance while its design just perfectly fits into the hand making you feel in control of the mouse.
- Customized gaming enabled by programmable buttons
- The adjustability of the lighting is a desirable addition
- Top of the range DPI
- The design may be strange for some gamers
9. Razer Naga Hex V2 – Another mouse for MOBA Games
The mouse is specially designed to deliver a perfect gaming experience for MOBA gamers. Mis-clicking is now an issue of the past with Razer Naga’s 7-button thumb grid which is fitted with mechanical buttons. They all are conveniently positioned to give gamers control over the mouse. Moreover all buttons are programmable giving the gamer easy access to skills even when the game is intense. All hand shapes and sizes can use this gaming mouse regardless of their grip style- it is made to fit. 16.8 million Colors and effects give an exceptionally personalized gaming experience too.
- The buttons are fully customizable
- Optical sensor delivers an impressive 16000 DPI
- Software is excellent
- Perfect RGB lighting
- The mouse’s design may not be appealing to all
8. Corsair Scimitar RGB – Most Programmable Buttons
When most people imagine that Corsair was just testing the waters when they launched the first their first gaming mouse, but to the shock of many, they went ahead to make one of the most respected mice in this industry. The Corsair Scimitar RGB has a pro-proven high performance optical sensor with 12000 DPI. This is what you need if you want a pixel precise gaming experience. Immerse yourself in the game by giving yourself a moue with dynamic multicolor backlighting. Adjustability is early unlimited. CUE does not just enable you to configure your mouse; you get to program it like you want. This peripheral is crafted to give you maximum color by fitting right into the contours of your palm. Full spectrum color and RGB lighting is still part of the package.
- Fully customizable buttons for MOBA players
- Efficient tracking enabled by perfect sensor
- Can connect to other Corsair peripherals
- Mouse can be quite heavy for some users
- The side buttons may not be appropriate for all users
7. Razer DeathAdder Chroma – Best Budget Mouse
With Razer DeathAdder Chroma, your gaming experience will never be the same. When you want to play at ultrafast speeds this is the mouse to go for. It can deliver movement speeds of up to 200 inches per second and an acceleration of up to 50 g. the kind of onscreen response it gives can only be found in an optical sensor. It does this with an exact accuracy and organic fluidity which is a must have for die hard gamers. With 16.8 million choices of color, you have what you want for your mood. The tracking capability is superb even on glass top tables. Top of the line DPI at 10000 is an additional feature.
- Customizable buttons.
- Beautiful lighting effects
- Quality software
- Its design may not be attractive to some
6. Logitech G502 – Highest Native DPI Mouse
This mouse is all about personalizing the game to suit your specifications. From its 11 programmable buttons to surface tuning calibration which enable you to get the best tracking performance for your mouse pad surface. The mouse also has the option of switching between DPI from 200 to 12000. Sniping does not get better. Click to click precision is greatly enhanced with this improved dual- mode hyper fast scroll wheel for gaming and blazing the web. Adjustable center of balance and placement of weights is also possible with weight and balance tuning.
- Freedom of customizing with up to 11 programmable buttons
- Accurate tracking and sensitivity
- Switches between 200 and 12000 DPI
- Left handed users may find it hard to use
5. Corsair M65 Pro RGB – Best for FPS Games (12000 Max DPI)
Her you have high accuracy sensors with 12000 DPI that is custom tuned and ready to give you a pixel precise gaming experience. The software allows user to configure it with macros, custom RGB lighting and much more. This is enabled by its optimized sniper button positioning. Moreover, with 8 strategically placed buttons, you can configure your mouse anyhow you want. It ensures you reliable performance especially during long gaming hours since it has high Omron switches which are rated for 20 million clicks. All this is packaged in a light device made from aluminium with optimal mass distribution.
- The software is flexible and easy to use
- Simple and suitable design
- Weight adjustability is and added advantage
- Buttons are programmable making customization easy
- Design may not be good for all
4. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum – Best Wireless Mouse for Gaming
At this point in time, it is apparent that no one can compile a list of the best gaming mice without having Logitech products in it. They are simply good. This mouse has an optical gaming sensor that is a sure way to achieve exceptional tracking accuracy. Its wireless and is rechargeable. The battery life will make you want it-up to n30 hours of gaming on a single charge! Battery- saving clock tuning is responsible for this and it doesn’t disappoint. You can game all day with the Logitech G900. That’s not all; it has a dpi range of 200-12000 giving you consistent responsiveness and control at any gaming speed you choose.
- Switch and sensor deliver great performance
- Personalized experience possible with fully programmable buttons
- Broad spectrum RGB lighting
- Ambidextrous design suitable for all
- Elegant and easy to use
- Quite expensive
- It is not supplied with a charging dock
3. Razer Ouroboros – Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
This mouse has been a serious contender for the top position in the market. Its specifications sell it in every way. We need not mention RGB lighting anymore. That is a gold standard in the game. Here you have 11 programmable buttons and dual sensors to keep it all in order. Weight tuning is obviously part of the package. You can remove almost all its past and shift them around- talk about modification. The laser sensor is 8200 dpi and is 4G enabled. Gaming grade wireless connectivity is a reality here. To top it all up its design is ergonomic and elegant.
- Gives the option of using as wireless of wired
- Suitable for both right handle and left handed users
- Supreme accuracy due to dual sensors
- Buttons are extremely customizable
- Battery life is long
- Elegant design
- Has no input lag when used as wireless
- Quite costly
- Learning how to use it can be difficult
2. Asus ROG Spatha – Best MMO Gaming Mouse
Asus took the industry by shock when it plunged into the manufacturing of gaming mice. Today one of their products is the second best on our review list and it simply is fitting of this position. Being a flagship mouse you expect it to have RGB lighting. The Asus Armoury software makes it possible for you to configure the 12 fully programmable buttons whichever way you like. The main buttons use Omron switches-one of the best in the market, and in it you get 8200 dpi. This combination gives you a very high click cycle which meets the approval of most hard core gamers.
- Extreme customizability
- Ease of use
- Amazing RGB lighting
- Design is suitable for all gamers
- Great comfort for the hands
- Has a lot of software and hardware features
- Very expensive
- Quite heavy
1. Steel Series Rival 700 – The only mouse which Vibrates
Finally we get to the number on gaming mouse on our list. This is certainly the only mouse that vibrates. It has a vivid OLED display; the illumination prism brought to you by its RGB backlighting is not comparable to any other. It comes with dpi settings that are adjustable with the optical sensor maxing 16000 dpi and the laser sensor 8000 dpi. It does not matter anymore whether you are playing FPS, MMO or RPG, you have it all catered for in the Rival 700. The fact that it is quite unsuitable for left hand users does not make it any less attractive. It is still a top pick approved by most e-sport gamers.
- OLED lights is an added advantage
- Top of the range RGB lighting
- It has tactile alerts which notifies gamers of in-game events
- Sleek design
- Optimal customization is guaranteed
- The device is quite expensive
- The modules are also pricy
- Left handed options are not available
Now you are in the know about what you need to look out for when shopping for a good gaming mouse. Don’t just pick any; carefully select what you want according to your own specifications. Of course you must always remember to stick to your budget too. Anyone of the gaming mice in this list is sure to deliver to you a gaming experience incomparable to no other. So go ahead and make your selection. You have all you need.